- Download the latest version of libcurl.
- Extract the \lib and \include folders to a convenient location.
- Open libcurl's VS project and change it to Release mode.
Go to libcurl > Properties > C/C++ > Preprocessor > Definitions and add CURL_STATICLIB. Unless you really do want to use LDAP, add HTTP_ONLY too.
- Go to libcurl > Properties > C/C++ > Code Generation > Runtime Library and change it to read Multi-threaded (/MT).
- Add libcurl.lib to your main project. The easiest way is to drag it onto the Solution Explorer.
- Go to Your Project > Properties > C/C++ > Preprocessor > Definitions and add CURL_STATICLIB, as you did to curl itself.
- Go to Your Project > Properties > C/C++ > General > Additional Include Directories and add the libcurl \include folder you extracted earlier.
- Go to Your Project > Linker > Input > Additional Dependencies and add ws2_32.lib. If you want to use LDAP, add wldap32.lib as well.
- #include "curl/curl.h" and start coding!
Remember that you will need to repeat steps 8-10 in both Release and Debug configurations.