How to extract resources from The Sims 4
For extract resources from The Sims 4 you will need extractor from Scumbumbo.zip, about 500 MB of free space of hard drive and minimum 2GB of free RAM. I recommend you to close other apps before starting this program.
- Download and unpack this file. You will see two files in unpacked directory:
- XML Extractor for The Sims 4.exe
- XML File Finder for The Sims 4.exe
- Run XML Extractor for The Sims 4.exe.
- In the field Game Folder select folder, where The Sims 4 is located.
- In the field "Include Strings from" select language, you are interested in. In our case, it will be English strings.
- In the field "Number of Threads" select max value from dropdown (do not write value from keyboard!).
- Create a new folder on your PC on hard drive, that has minimum 500MB of free space.
- In the Extractor set that folder as Destination folder.
- Leave other options in Extractor at default values.
- Press button "Begin Extract". Extraction process will take from 5 minutes to 30 minutes - depends on your PC power and value of field "Number of threads". The greater your PC power and the greater value of that field, than faster process will be.
- When extraction will be finished, you will have structure in output folder like this:
Reference - All Strings.txt
Reference - All XML Names.txt
XML File Index.txt
All strings of English (or any other language, you selected in Extractor) translation will be in the file Reference - All Strings.txt